You have noticed something: while opening a Groww account, we get numerous options for opening an account. But when we want to delete an account, we do not get a perfect answer.
In this article, I will provide step-by-step instructions on How to delete Groww account permanently.
About Groww and its achievements
Groww is India’s financial service provider, where you can start your investment journey by investing your money in stocks, mutual funds, IPOs, digital gold, etc.
They have 40 million+ customers, of which 6.48 million are active investors.
Why delete the Groww account?
You may want to delete your Groww account for several reasons, such as:
- You are no longer using the Groww account.
- You have found some better alternatives to Groww.
- The brokerage and charges of Groww are a bit higher than other
- Concern about security and privacy
- Not more interested in investing.
Whatever the reason might be, it’s your choice.
Step-by-step instructions on: How to Delete Groww Account Permanently?
Well, there is no direct way where you can go into the profile and search for a deleted account, and the account will be deleted.
There is a little bit of a complicated way of deleting the Groww account. But don’t worry, I will explain the steps in a simplified way. Just follow the steps:
- Log in to your Groww account.
- Go to the profile in the top right corner.
- Then click on Customer Support 24×7.
- Now, click on My Account
- Then select Groww Account.
- Search for “I want to close my Groww Demat account“.
- Download “Closure account“.
- Close the Groww Demat account after duly signing the closure form.
- Post the Groww Demat closure form if you want to completely close the account.
Let’s explore the steps in detail with some screenshots.
Step 1: Log in to your Groww Account
Step 2: Go to Profile
Step 3: Click on Customer Support 24×7
Step 4: Now, click on My Account
Step 5: Then select Groww Account.
Step 6: Search for “I want to close my Groww Demat account”.
Step 7: Download the Demat Closure form
How to fill Groww Demat Closure Form?
Filling out the closure form is not rocket science and does not require any extra skill. All you need to do is follow some steps.
First, take a printout of the form and fill in the details manually by following the steps:
- Leave the Application number empty but fill in the date.
- Now tick BO which means it is an individual account.
- Mention what type of account you want to close (Trading, Demat or Both)
- Give your Client ID.
- Further fill in all the mandatory details like Name, address, phone number, etc.
- You can transfer your holding to another Demat account by providing a Demat account number.
That’s it. After filling out the form, you need to post the closure form to
Groww Headquarter, No. 11 ,Second Floor, 80 FT Road, 4th Block , S.T. Bed, Koramangla Bengaluru 560034
The Groww account closure procedure would 5-7 Business days.
Things to keep in mind before deleting your Groww account
- Make sure to withdraw any remaining funds from your account.
- Transfer any securities in your account to another Demat account, if applicable.
- Be aware that once you delete your Groww account, you will no longer be able to access your investment data.
Frequently Asked Question
Q) Can we open a Groww account with the same ID?
Ans: Yes, you can open the Groww account with the same ID.
Q) How many days would it take to delete the account?
Ans: It would take 5 to 7 business days to completely close your Groww account.
Finally, this is the only way to permanently delete your Groww account. I have specified all the steps with the help of which you can delete your Groww account. Using the above-mentioned steps, you can close your Groww account anytime and anywhere.
I hope you found your answer to what you were searching for here in this post, and I hope you are totally satisfied with the content and are going to implement the steps if you need to.
Stay alert and trade safely.